Dear clients, we would like to inform you that in connection with the current anti-pandemic measures, the conditions for arriving from abroad to the Slovak Republic are being tightened. As of 19 July 2021, a new Decree 231/2021 comes into force, which regulates measures in the event of a threat to public health to the quarantine obligations of persons after entering the territory of the Slovak Republic.
- REGISTRATION E-BORDER: Every person who enters the territory of the Slovak Republic from 19.07.2021 must register at korona.gov.sk/ehranica. This applies to all, both vaccinated persons and persons applying for an exemption from quarantine. Compliance with this obligation is checked directly at the border by the police. Due to possible delays, it is necessary to take into account the time reserve when planning the trip.
- QUARANTINE: Persons entering the territory of Slovakia will have to remain in quarantine for 14 days, unless the persons have any symptoms and have not been tested during quarantine. However, it is possible to end the quarantine earlier, after a negative result of the RT-PCR test, which can be performed at the earliest on the 5th day of the quarantine. Ordering for testing is possible on the website korona.gov.sk. In addition, children under 12 are exempt from testing and quarantine as another member of the household (provided they have no coronavirus symptoms) on day 14 of quarantine or after negative RT-PCR results from other members of the household (eg parents or older siblings). Vaccinated persons submit a GreenPass vaccination card or a National Vaccination Certificate with a QR code, or another document in Slovak, Czech or English, which confirms vaccination from non-European countries. The quarantine also applies to members of the common household who have not traveled. For example, if you decide to spend quarantine with friends in Slovakia, they will complete the quarantine together with you. It takes 14 days without testing. If such persons decide to test, the earliest testing on day 5 again applies and quarantine can be terminated upon receipt of a negative RT-PCR test report. Quarantine is not obligatory for persons aged 12 to 18 if no one else in the common household has compulsory quarantine (applies temporarily until 9.8.2021), for example if such a person has been staying, traveling or in a camp. Persons who cannot be vaccinated for health reasons must submit a confirmation according to the model in the annex to the decree, and must have a negative RT-PCR test result not older than 72 hours. Other exceptions are listed in Decree no. 231/2021.
The following is considered to be a fully vaccinated person:
- a person for at least 14 days but not more than 12 months after administration of a second dose of COVID-19 vaccine with a two-dose schedule,
- a person for at least 21 days but not more than 12 months after the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine with a single-dose schedule, or
- a person for at least 14 days and not more than 12 months after the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, if the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine has been administered within 180 days of the COVID-19 disease.
- Applies to arrival at an airport in Slovakia.
- Each person must fill in the form at https://www.mindop.sk/covid/.
- Upon arrival from non-listed countries, a negative RT-PCR test result of not more than 72 hours must be demonstrated on arrival - also applies to vaccinated persons. This condition is set because passengers arrive in high-risk modes of transport from a country where there is an increased risk of infection with an epidemiologically serious variant of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. The combination of registration and testing significantly reduces the risk of the introduction and subsequent uncontrolled spread of new, more dangerous variants of the pandemic virus.
- List of countries from which no negative test is required: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Montenegro, China, Czech Republic, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece , Georgia, the Netherlands, Hong Kong, Ireland, Iceland, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Canada, South Korea, Kosovo, Cuba, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Macau, Hungary, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Germany, Norway, New Zealand, Poland, Austria, Romania, San Marino, Northern Macedonia, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, USA, Mexico, Serbia, Switzerland, Sweden, Taiwan, Turkey, Ukraine.